Our rules are intended to keep people safe and to maintain program quality. Dismissal becomes necessary when a student’s behavior interferes with our ability to facilitate safe, high quality programs.
When a student is dismissed, no refund will be given for the remaining program cost, missed activities, or adjusted flights. Any costs associated with a student’s departure from the program will be the responsibility of the student and their family. Future participation in Rustic Pathways programs will not be permitted.
The following rules apply to students traveling to, on, or from Gap programs. Breaking these rules typically results in immediate dismissal from program:
- Do not engage in recreational use of drugs or alcohol, or assist others in doing so.
- Do not form romantic or sexual relationships with anyone outside of the program. If relationships form or sexual contact occurs between students, it must be consensual with both parties involved, culturally appropriate, and not disruptive to the program. Relationships that violate these guidelines may result in disciplinary actions including removal from program.
- Do not physically harm yourself or others intentionally or through negligence.
Students who repeatedly fail to meet the following expectations will be dismissed:
- Care and respect must be shown at all times for oneself, for others, and for the program.
- Do not drive or ride on motorcycles or scooters.
- Obey the instructions of guides and program leaders.
- Obey local laws.
- Do not leave the group without letting a program leader know.
- Smartphone and internet use must not interfere with program activities.
- Do not get any tattoos, piercings, or other body modifications while abroad.
- Do not use or possess tobacco or nicotine products, including vaporizers and e-cigarettes.
Bullying and Inclusivity Statement
At Rustic Pathways, we value community. We cherish diversity and inclusivity and we actively strive to create a culture of acceptance, tolerance and respect. We welcome all students onto our programs, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or socioeconomic status. Rustic Pathways defines bullying as harassment, intimidation, or any act intended to exclude or harm another person physically or psychologically. We believe that any form, type, or level of bullying or discrimination is unacceptable and requires immediate attention. We have a zero tolerance policy on bullying and reserve the right to dismiss any student who bullies or discriminates against others.